Sunday, April 18, 2010

This weekend

This weekend I spent some time with my grandparents just chatting about the economy and how everything is going for my grandpa's business. My grandpa owns a car lot in Albion,NE called Schalk Auto Inc. They sell used cars and have just around 100 cars in their inventory. He said that you can really tell the economy is down because they are down on sales from 2009 already in 2010 and the year has a long road left. They also have a repair shop at the car lot and that helps with having good business as well. He was telling me that his place is doing fairly well and that he thinks they are doing better than their competitors because of their risk of taking opportunities. They do alot of good advertising and marketing strategies that do cost a little more but in the long run is helping out their business more than the other guys. I kinda of talk about this in my column for this week too.

No comments:

Post a Comment